Thursday 16 June 2016

Spring Holidays

At the end of May we went on a family holiday to Whitby. The weeks running up to it had been glorious and the sun had been blazing.
The first day was lovely, a bit windy but we used that to our advantage. We bought a kite and had a great evening on the beach all running about like big kids.
But the rest of the weeks weather was awful and we had torrential rain for most of it, with a few hours were we could get out and do some crabbing and exploring.
I'd given myself a challenge of climbing the 199 steps from the town up to the Abbey every day. We were stopping in a fisherman's cottage on the Harbour so it wasn't too far to the steps. 
The first day I found it hard going but it got alot easier as the week went on and by the end of the week I felt a real sense of achievement.
Just before we left for home my girls treated me to an afternoon tea at the Blitz Tea Rooms.
It was lovely and we really enjoyed it. 

I managed to get a bit of crafting done in the evenings as we didn't much fancy going out in the rain.
I started my first Corner to Corner blanket and I can't believe I haven't done one before. It's so addictive. The yarn I'm using is King Cole Cherish baby DK.
 I also got a few more hexies done.


Now we're home it's back to normality.


Hugs Melanie xxx









4 comments:

  1. Such a shame about the weather, at least you managed to get some crafting some and were able to spend some quality time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry the weather was bad for you, we managed a week with sunshine but it has rained every day since! I like your blanket I'm planning another blanket soon- must be something to do with the weather :) I shall send you an email at the weekend regarding the Santa Sack Swap. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you on all that walking, shame about the weather. I love your blanket!! I would love to make one of these blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Melanie,

    Oh rain! Love the blanket you are crocheting, haven't seen one done like that before.

    Happy days.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete